RE: LM 4.5.3 Real music example

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: LM 4.5.3 Real music example
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:18:30 -0400

Already in the Tracker.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden on behalf of Urs Liska
Sent: Mon 7/12/2010 23:57
To: address@hidden
Subject: LM 4.5.3 Real music example

> I'm not top posting.

In the mentioned chapter 4.5.3 of the LM the music example (LilyPond 2.13.27)
there is an ugly problem that shouldn't be there - especially not on this page.
I'm talking about the right hand phrasingSlur spanning from the first c'' to the
last g'. Which crosses the notes of the right hand. Maybe this is only due to
the line break, but this should be corrected - which would also be a valuable
example of "Tweaking output"
Unfortunately I can't provide a concrete suggestion as it is still a little bit
over my head. (So I suggest this addition in order to get the explanation for
myself ;-)
The change should go after the third music example, to the paragraph starting
with "The first bar is now correct. " After this sentence you might include
something like "But the phrasing slur needs further attention because it clashes
with the right hand beams in bar 3. ...". This probably needs the inclusion of
one more version of the example.

Best
Urs