Re: Setting the value of a music property

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Setting the value of a music property
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 21:14:48 +0100

On 25 July 2010 20:49, Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know how that typo got into my email, but it is _not_ what I
> have in my Lilypond input file.  This is:
>
>   naturalizeMusic =
>   #(define-music-function (parser location m)
>      (ly:music?)
>      (naturalize m (ly:music-property m 'naturalize-style)))
>
> ... which still generates the error mentioned. :-(

Oops, you're quite right.  :)

The music property must be set after calling the naturalizeMusic
function, otherwise it's too late:

naturalizeMusic =
#(define-music-function (parser location m)
   (ly:music?)
   (naturalize m (ly:music-property m 'naturalize-style)))

microphrase = \relative c'' { geses4 geseh ges geh g gih gis gisih gisis }

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \set Staff.extraNatural = ##f
    \time 9/4
    \naturalizeMusic
    \withMusicProperty #'naturalize-style #(list (cons >= 1) (cons <=
-1) (cons >= SHARP) (cons <= FLAT))
    { \microphrase }
  }
  \layout { }