Re: Which css file should the new web be using?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Which css file should the new web be using?
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:53:37 -0700

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:45:09PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> While looking into the @help in download.itexi (the font size used for
> smallexample)

Only if you're certain that it shouldn't be fixed in the texinfo,
btw.  I mean, it might be better to rewrite something, or end the
itemized list sooner, or something like that.

> I noticed that the css file currently being used to build the
> web is css/lilypond-web.css.  Is this correct?

This is correct.  Patrick has worked on lilypond-web.css

> The css title is "Patrick McCarty's design" and there is a
> beautifully-laid out css file called css/lilypond-mccarty.css,
> but this seems not to be used.

I believe that this file was left-over from GDP.  Nobody bothered
cleaning up the 5 or 6 css files we had at the end of it, and when
I started the new website, I just started a new one.  We have an
open issue for "clean up all our css files", which would start by
figuring out which ones are actually used or not.

> Patrick's file has entries for smallexample but
> lilypond-web does not.

I'm quite willing to believe that bits and pieces of useful info
has been lost in all the css games we've played, and with the lack
of any interested party seriously taking care of css.