Re: Web: Bolder links in Manuals page

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Web: Bolder links in Manuals page
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 21:32:38 +0100

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 06:54:25PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Hi Graham
>
> I've just pushed a fix for another TODO in web/manuals.itexi
>
>> @c TODO: do we want these links to be in larger text / bold ? CSS.

Woah there -- that's a question, not a command!  I was wondering if
the css should contain something like
a href {
  font-weight: bold;
}
, not suggesting that the single manuals.html page contain bolder
links than any other page!

> I'm not very happy with the fix, but it works and removes another
> item in critical issue 958.

I think I generally used the following interpretations:
FIXME: must be resolved before 2.14.
@help: must be resolved, and can be done by a frog.
TODO: would be nice to do.

Also, note that 958 actually says "if it's a build issue, add it
to the tracker".

The overall intent of 958 was to examine all of those commends in
web, and remove the comments by either writing text, reading
oldweb+revising new web, or by adding stuff to the tracker.

> Sorting it out properly would take me
> more time than is justified, even if I could.

I'm sorry that my poor communication made you work on a weird
solution... I don't know if we want to keep the @spanClass stuff
on that page.

Sorry,