Re: Half-baked unused features.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Half-baked unused features.
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:26:28 -0600

On 8/15/10 9:14 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The development work should go up to Rietveld, the cleanup should go up
> to Rietveld.  git-cl can associate only one review per branch.  So I
> need to fork out the cleanup from the middle of the branch.  Possibly by
> rebasing it to the tip of the branch and then creating a branch from
> HEAD~1, cherrypicking HEAD.  No wait, more likely to the bottom and then
> just labelling a new branch there.  Whatever.  I'll figure it out.

if it were me, I'd create a new branch, then chop out all the old stuff.
Then create a new branch from the cleaned branch, which will be the
development branch.

Now you've got the cleaned branch available for the Rietveld review, and the
development branch available for review relative to the cleaned branch.
Both reviews are easily maintainable; if you update the cleaned branch, you
just rebase the development branch.

HTH,

Carl