Re: markup.scm: Remove unused and untested aliasing functionality from d

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: markup.scm: Remove unused and untested aliasing functionality from define-markup{, -list}-command (issue1995042)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:49:55 +0200

Le 16 août 2010 à 01:33, address@hidden a écrit :

> LGTM.
>
> Further info:  This code has been in the file since
> 114c05e7b0e992de7dbdd0958d23eb8d2ab1eaae
>
> (the file name at that time was scm/new-markup.scm).
>
> I think that the alternate syntax has never been used in the main source
> tree

When def-markup-command (as it was called) was first introduced, there used
to be synomym commands, like "bigger" and "larger" (if I remember well).
So the aliasing thing was used at that time, and was not added just for the
fun of it, as it burdened the implementation.

Yes, larger was an alias for bigger: see
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=114c05e7b0e992de7dbdd0958d23eb8d2ab1eaae#patch7>

(it seems to be my first LilyPond patch:)

I doubt that this undocumented functionality was ever used by a user, so
a news entry seems pretty useless.  I think that it can be safely and
silently removed.

Nicolas