Re: Updating translated texidoc strings

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Updating translated texidoc strings
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:52:35 +0100

Francisco Vila wrote Friday, August 20, 2010 4:20 PM

2010/8/17 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

I've just updated a snippet which contained translated texidoc strings.
Only the LilyPond code was changed,
not the texidoc strings themselves. I also updated
the committishes in the four texidocs folders. These
were in commits:

bfc88203ac2572737480e78ef2635ed35b458441
c7f44dbee0f7145429872478f9d397160957880e

and the snippet was vocal-ensemble-template.ly

As this is the first time I've done this could you
please check I've not messed up anything to do with
the translations.

I think it is translators' task to update their committishes in
texidocs.

Ah, this isn't made clear in CG 6.2.  Could you check over
the wording there to see if it is correct.

The old strings could have been outdated and if you update
the ID then this information gets lost, as they all are now marked as
up to date (I could be wrong).

Ah, I see.  Again this isn't clear in CG 6.2, which seems
to suggest the IDs should be updated.  I see now why you
say this should be left to the translators - there's no
way I could tell whether the texidoc string is an up-to-date
translation or not.

Besides, I can not see anything
strange from my doc compilation of last night.

Good!  Maybe I've not broken anything then.

Next I'll try to watch closely at the output that matches these
snippets, give me some time.

OK.  I've one or two more snippets to update, so
I'll hold off doing that until I hear from you.

Thanks!

Trevor