Re: 2.12.3 source tarball changed (back in january)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.12.3 source tarball changed (back in january)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:59:33 +0100

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 01:01:36AM -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > In particular, there was some build-related problem (maybe in the
> > autoconf stuff?) that a packager wanted fixed.  I had thought it
> > was from one of the BSDs, but maybe the report came from debian.
>
> You could skip uploading the source tarball for the -2 releases.

IIRC the only point of the -2 release was to update the source, to
fix the configure/build/something problem.  I'm not even certain
if we produced any binaries.

... oh wait, I think I remember it now.  In order to build
lilypond 2.12.3 with gcc 4.4 (or 4.3?) we needed to add extra
includes to approximately 5 files.  You know, the typical things
like:
  #include <cstdio>
  #include <stdint.h>
because of gcc's 4.4 (or 4.3?) header changes.

It was a fairly rare situation.