Re: Position of cue clefs?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Position of cue clefs?
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:22:15 +0100

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> And it should be transposed to the instrument's transposition.  I've
> seen untransposed cues too, especially in, say, Piano or Celesta parts
> with a mark `Klar. in A' , but this is probably just lazyness (or
> uncertainty or ignorance) of the engraver.

I understand your point, but we might also have users (esp. in music
schools) who would be happy to have the ability to use untransposed
cue notes. Perhaps we could have a switchable property for that? like
\set Score.transposableCueClef = ##t
(disabled by default)

BTW: I agree with everything else you said. Cue Clefs should avoid
looking like proper Clefs at all costs!

Cheers,
Valentin.