Re: server down?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: server down?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:24:49 +0100

2010/12/2 Colin Campbell <address@hidden>:

> One wonders whether the -devel community has looked into gittorrent:
> http://advogato.org/article/994.html
>
> Given the effect of putting all the eggs in one basket, distributed git
> seems quite interesting.

Git is already distributed and all the eggs are not in one basket. Wit
git installed in your system, you have a repository server just like
that in GNU.  Gittorrent just removes restrictions on a centralised
management, which is more a political problem rather than technical.
LilyPond, like most projects, does have a central code repository and
a core development team: if we change that, we are talking about
another very different project.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com