Re: [Pseudo-patch] Add support for HairpinText indications. (issue350904

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: [Pseudo-patch] Add support for HairpinText indications. (issue3509041)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 01:09:38 +0000

Hi Valentin,

I've added a few comments which I hope you'll find helpful.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/3509041/diff/3001/lily/new-dynamic-engraver.cc
File lily/new-dynamic-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3509041/diff/3001/lily/new-dynamic-engraver.cc#newcode147
lily/new-dynamic-engraver.cc:147: hairpin_text_ = make_item
("HairpinText", hairpin_text_->self_scm ());
I suspect this is part of where your segfault comes from: you can't make
the cause of a grob the grob itself :)

make_item ("HairpinText", current_span_event_->self_scm ());

You need to decide what kind of grob you're creating; though you've
defined HairpinText as an Item, some of the default settings in
define-grobs.scm are for a Spanner (which will probably cause you more
segfaulting issues).

Since you want to centre the text between the bounds of the Hairpin, it
probably makes more sense to define HairpinText as a spanner.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3509041/