\unset Timing.defaultBarType does not work

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: \unset Timing.defaultBarType does not work
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:45:26 +0100

Hi,

NR 1.2.5 Bars > Bar lines  states that

  The default bar type used for automatically inserted bar lines is "|".

If we change this to  ""  with  \set Timing.defaultBarType = ""
  \unset Timing.defaultBarType  should change it back to  "|"  and print
again bar lines.
This is not the case.

\relative c' {
  c1
  \set Timing.defaultBarType = ""
  c1
  \unset Timing.defaultBarType  % does not work
  c1
  \set Timing.defaultBarType = "|"
  c1
}

Cheers,
Xavier

PS:  \set  is not working immediately, but only *after* the NEXT NOTE.
I suppose this is an inherent issue but it would be great if it could be
solved, it is really not logical and highly counter-intuitive...

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>