Re: LM 4.4.2 \fooDown \fooUp (and how about \textDown?)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: LM 4.4.2 \fooDown \fooUp (and how about \textDown?)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:32:35 -0000

Carl Sorensen wrote Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:22 PM

On 12/21/10 1:14 PM, "Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

Oh, and by the way: we have \textSpannerDown for text spanners, but not \textDown for simple TextScript objects (that are quite likely to
be needed by new users). Anyone against adding textDown, textUp,
textNeutral?

Why should we add \textDown, \textUp, and \textNeutral? TextScript is markup text, IIUC, and markup text attached to a note is always preceded by ^ - or _, isn't it? It seems to me that having special commands will just
cause confusion.

I agree.  The predefined commands that exist are
useful because the preceding direction indicator
may be omitted, but it may not be omitted from a
\markup.

Trevor