Re: Help with mixing Scheme and Music

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Help with mixing Scheme and Music
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:07:16 +0100

Le 23 déc. 2010 à 06:13, Carl Sorensen a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get an easier method of creating custom string tunings (see
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/60871)
>
> I'd like to do one of the following:
>
> \makeStringTuning #'violin-tuning <g d' a' e''>

If you want to bind violin-tuning to some value computed from
the given chord, you can use for instance:

  (ly:parser-define! parser symbol value)

This is done for instance in \parallelMusic definition.

> violin-tuning = \makeStringTuning <g d' a' e''>

Music functions are supposed to return music expressions,  so if
violin-tuning is supposed to be e.g. a list of pitches, which is
not a music expression, this won't work.

Nicolas