Re: critical issues

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:43:25 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 29. Dezember 2010, um 04:57:47 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
> On 12/28/10 4:18 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > In the case of #3, if it's not actually a problem, then when a
> > programmer takes a look at the issue, they can quickly mark it as
> > an "invalid" report.  I agree that it would be nice if we could
> > find out about such invalid reports sooner (ideally before adding
> > it at all!), but the evidence is that we cannot rely on people
> > replying all the time.
>
> Reinhold is the current FiguredBass guru.  Have we tried asking him if this
> output is acceptable?

Yes, see my message on December 7:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-12/msg00146.html

Well, that's because the markup and the "0" (used for the hidden figure) have
different vertical alignment points (center for the cirdle, baseline for all
numbers). It's not ideal, but I have never seen a markup (without figures) in
figured bass, so I don't think it's a big deal. One can always play around with
alignment points to get the markup to the correct position.

So, in other words, while it might not be correct/ideal behavior, I don't
think it has any real world implications.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886