adding \header { } affects line breaks

From: James Lowe
Subject: adding \header { } affects line breaks
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:53:01 +0000

Hello,

Here is my tiny example

--

\version "2.13.51"

\header {
 title = "S C H E R Z O"
}

\relative c'' {
  \time 3/8
  \compressFullBarRests
  R1*19*3/8 \break| cis4. | d8 r r | R1*2*3/8 | cis4. | d8 r r | \break
R1*20*3/8
}

---

What I'd like to do is have one line of the 19 bar rest, the 4 bars of
music underneath and then 20 bars of rest on the next line

However for a reason I cannot fathom the 4 lines of music in between the
two rests split over two lines.

Now, if I remove the \header { } statement the line breaks as expected.

If I remove all entries from \header { } then the breaks are as I like, if
I add *any* header (arranger, instrument, tagline etc) then the breaks are
wrong.

What is the \header { } doing to the spacing and how can I prevent it - I
have tried using a fixed width with a \paper but this does nothing.

Thanks

James