Removing parser DIGIT (was: PATCH - DOC: Added @knownissue to NR for fin

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Removing parser DIGIT (was: PATCH - DOC: Added @knownissue to NR for fingering
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:03:37 +0000

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:48:21PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Perhaps i'll aim for obliterating DIGIT altogether.

I certainly can't think of any case in which we actually need/want
a DIGIT.  I see that DIGIT was added in release/0.1.49, back in
1998-03-17, as part of the initial version of lexer.ll and
parser.yy.  Maybe it was just part of some template code that they
used?  Certainly a lot has changed in the past 13 years.  :)

I definitely think it's worth investigating what happens if we
remove DIGIT entirely.