Re: shortened flags affair, part 7 - downstem full-length 64th and 128th

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: shortened flags affair, part 7 - downstem full-length 64th and 128th flags
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:01:12 +0100

2011/3/18 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> Janek,
>
> I prefer the newer ones,

Glad to hear this!

> although I doubt I'll use them too often in real music!

Me too :)

> However, I was looking at my Gardner Read and think that, strictly, all the
> flag shapes are a little wrong according to his "rules".  The quaver flag is
> too short, and the shorter note flags don't join the stem properly.  To be
> honest I'm not too bothered, but wondered what other people think.  Please
> see the attached scan from his book, which is a few excerpts from pages
> stuck together.

Thanks for providing this example.
In my opinion it's a matter of taste and font design. Read describes
how the flags that he is "used to" look, but i'd say that we are free
to make our own design decisions, as long as they are consistent and
don't look too strange.
I prefer our Feta font.

thanks,
Janek