Re: Dot-notehead collision

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Dot-notehead collision
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:30:48 -0700

On Mar 15, 2011, at 6:51 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

address@hidden wrote Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:00 PM

\relative c' { \time 3/4 << { <cis a'>4 <b fis'>2 } \\ { d2. } >> }
Produces the attached output.  Is there a way to get it so that the dot
does not collide with the notehead (w/o resorting to extra offsets and the
like)?

So, in my reading of his words, the downward stem is normally to the right
of the upward stem.  But if there's a dot, the upward stem will be to the
right of the downward stem to avoid collisions.

LilyPond /tries/ to do that, but the code looks like the result of too many
single-issue patches, and many cases slip through.

Sorting out the logic, http://codereview.appspot.com/4293054/, catches all
these situations and gives a clean make check.
The patch re-arranges the code enough that I will wait for some review.
-
Keith