critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: critical issues
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:51:55 +0000

Hey guys,

I've been busy/distracted/sick for the past week, and I'll
continue to be busy/distracted/sick for the next ten days.  I'm
also fed up with announcing a release candidate and then
discovering that there's a known critical issue that wasn't on the
tracker a day later.

1) if you're working on a Critical issue, could you add it to the
tracker?  directly?  i.e. don't rely on the bug squad to add it
for you?

2) if you suspect that there's a Critical issue, and you're either
on the bug squad or have git push access, could you add it to the
tracker?  directly?  and by "suspect", I mean as in "shoot first,
ask questions later"?  like, don't wait until somebody has
confirmed it, just dump it in there so that I don't make yet
another false release candidate announcement?