Lilypond-book and recursive processing of input and include

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Lilypond-book and recursive processing of input and include
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:52:41 -0400

Dear list,

It seems there is some inconsistency in how lilypond-book processes a master tex file with inputed and included tex files. First I would like to get a clear idea of the current behavior and it's intended use case.

So, this is what I found. Upon a call to

lilypond-book master.lytex

when we encounter

a) \input{child.tex}
b) \include{child}

then:

a) the file child.tex is scanned for lilypond commands and processed.
b) the file child.tex is not processed at all.

First, why the different behavior? Second, are the devs interested in a patch that will introduce recursive, automatic processing of all child documents (perhaps with a command-line option)? It seems a often-requested feature and some parts are already in place.

--
Julien