Re: \repeat percent does not use the beat-slash stencil

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: \repeat percent does not use the beat-slash stencil
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:27:33 +0000

On 22 March 2011 12:59, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

> @dev: Ed's question comes from the recent changes to percent repeats and
> beat slashes: is it possible to revert the double slash now used for short
> (<1/8) notes and mixed note patterns, to a single slash as used prior to
> 2.13.51?

Yes:

\relative c' {
    \override RepeatSlash #'before-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (ly:event-set-property! (event-cause grob) 'slash-count 1))
  \override DoubleRepeatSlash #'before-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (ly:event-set-property! (event-cause grob) 'slash-count 1))
  \override DoubleRepeatSlash #'slope = #1.7
  \repeat percent 4 { c8 c16 c }
  \repeat percent 4 { c16 d e d }
}

If everybody really hates the new defaults, I guess we can add a
property for switching behaviour.

Cheers,
Neil