Re: LilyPond and visually impaired accessibility

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: LilyPond and visually impaired accessibility
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:33:35 -0600

On 3/24/11 7:11 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I got this response from Haipeng (who currently has to rely on LilyPond's
> playback to catch errors) and I get the sense that the best option would be
> creating a primitive form of lily -> musicxml conversion.  Even if this cannot
> encapsulate the full richness of LilyPond, I think that it is the best
> solution that can help the most people.

I think that a lily -> musicxml conversion would be very helpful.  And if it
started out primitive, it could certainly be enhanced.

You're certainly a much more productive programmer than me, given all the
changes you've made in lilypond.  But I can't imagine having any kind of
musicxml output in 10 hours.  Please go for it!

Thanks,

Carl