Quesgion about breakbefore in \header { }

From: James Lowe
Subject: Quesgion about breakbefore in \header { }
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:58:20 +0000

Hello,

In the NR we have one reference to the option

breakbefore

which says

breakbefore
This forces the title to start on a new page (set to ##t or ##f).

i.e (I assume)

\header {
  breakbefore = ##t
}

However for the life of me I cannot get this option to do anything.

\book {
   \header {
    title = "hello"
    breakbefore = ##t  % also did ##f
  }
  \score {
    \repeat unfold 200 { a b c d }
  }
}

I've removed the book part I've added another score construct and put some more
header info there:

\book {
   \header {
    title = "hello"
    breakbefore = ##t  % also did ##f
  }
  \score {
    \repeat unfold 200 { a b c d }
  }
  \score {
    \repeat unfold 200 { a b c d }
  }
 \header { ...more stuff ..}
}

So either I am using this in completely the wrong way or it does nothing. I
also cannot find it documented elsewhere.

can someone tell me how we are meant to use 'breakbefore'?

Thanks

James