Re: Adds beam collision avoidance to auto-beaming (issue4312058)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Adds beam collision avoidance to auto-beaming (issue4312058)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:46:15 -0300

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Reviewers: ,
>
> Message:
> I think this is a better approach to getting beam collision resolution
> out of auto-beams.

Quick comment: I'd say that timestep-count as a property is not
necessary.  The 'width' of an autobeam could also be garnered by
looking at its bounds, eg beam->get_bound(LEFT)-> get_column().  From
the column you could either look at rank or when.

A completely different approach now comes to mind: there is no strict
need to do all this processing 'on-line'.  You could also have the
engraver collect a list of grobs + timing-ranges in a list.  In
finalize(), you could sort the list, and decide which grobs to add
where.