Re: Gives each grob an integer hash. (issue4515166)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Gives each grob an integer hash. (issue4515166)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 01:05:06 -0300

We had something like this a long time ago.  Search for Object_key
in the history, eg. commit 4a964b10c411827584eb720c63cd0d6fc5b65d72.

This was intended for making persistent tweaks,  but it never got used
so we scrapped it.

I'm on a holiday, so I dont have time to look into this, but it seems
a less versatile reimplementation of what we scrapped, so I am
skeptical that this should be included this for general distribution.