RE: On creating a new all-encompassing drum mode (with example)

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: On creating a new all-encompassing drum mode (with example)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 16:26:13 +0000

Mike,

-------------

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Mike J. Bell
Sent: 08 June 2011 16:29
To: Carl Sorensen
Cc: address@hidden

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]

Carl...thanks a lot for the tips!  Let me work on these, try to get things
looking more streamlined and idiomatic in lilypondish, then I'll research how
to submit them as suggestions to the development team.

I'm very interested in using lilypond for drum score, as I am a drummer.

[James' reply:]
The percussion section of the Notation Reference could do with a bit of an
overhaul. The problem (as one of the main doc writers) is that I am not a
percussionist and have very limited knowledge of this area of music notation to
make this section more useful to others. So any help you can give me (I can do
the hard work in terms of updating the documentation files for instance) in
terms of what would be useful to percussionists or how we could improve the
examples or even use some pieces of your own examples would be welcome.

James