Re: git help - previous rebase directory

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: git help - previous rebase directory
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 20:52:49 +0200

Trevor,

2011/6/9 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

> 2011/6/9 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> When i try to git am <patch>, git says
>>  previous rebase directory /home/janek/lilypond-git/.git/rebase-apply
>> still exists but mbox given.
>> despite that the current branch was deleted and created again.
>> What shall i do?
>
> Delete the rebase-apply directory.

Inside lilypond-git? There is no such directory!
(it doesn't show when i call 'ls' from within lilypond-git, and when i
try to 'cd rebase-apply' it also throws an error)

However, i have some more details.
Everything begins when i call 'git am *' from within lilypond-git (i
suppose this should result in applying all patches that are inside
lilypond-git to currently checked-out branch) - it says
  Applying: <patch name>
  Patch is empty.  Was it split wrong?
Surprisingly, files in working directory are updated! But when i try
to do another 'git am', it protests with the message i sent ("previous
rebase directory /home/janek/lilypond-git/.git/rebase-apply still
exists but mbox given.").
When i try to 'git pull -r', it says
  It looks like git-am is in progress. Cannot rebase.
Therefore i tried git am --abort, and looks like everything works
after doing so.
However, i'd like to know if 'git am *' could be fixed (or how should
it be handled properly) - it could save me a lot of typing.

thanks,
Janek