Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for removing extra naturals and beam bound e

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for removing extra naturals and beam bound endpoints
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:16:16 -0300

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Attaches bound info to beam for better normalized-endpoint
> calculations
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047

* How does setting left/right-bound-info achieve anything?

AFAICS, it is only read in line-spanner.cc

*
 last_normal_stem (me)->relative_coordinate (commonx, X_AXIS)
  564                     + last_normal_stem (me)->extent (commonx,
X_AXIS).length ()

this looks wrong; why isn't this

span[RIGHT] =  last_normal_stem(me)->extent(X_AXIS)[RIGHT]

and why is it asymetric in left/right?

This patch should be split in two (one for the bound-info, one for the
extent adjustment), and it is lacking a regtest to demonstrate what it
achieves.