Re: Ugliness in the Learning Manual

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ugliness in the Learning Manual
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:51:21 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>; "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 11:54 PM

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 03:12:23PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
)Looks like a bug in texinfo.  Can you try to isolate this as much
as possible?
)What about using the most recent version of texinfo.tex (attached)?

That would replace
 tex/texinfo.tex

Nothing in the CG I can see.  I think the simplest fix is probably
to put a forced new line after the heading.  This avoids the
problem.

I'd rather fix the more fundamental problem.  Please try David's
patch, and if that doesn't work, then try Werner's new file, and
if that doesn't work, try Werner's new file plus David's patch.

It'll be a good test of the "build a single manual" command.  :)

As you see, these don't appear to fix the problem. I think it would be worth applying the forced new line approach - otherwise the first manual that users open looks bad - the sooner it doesn't, the better.

--
Phil Holmes