Re: Fixes bad slur heights by limiting fit_factor to the interior of slu

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fixes bad slur heights by limiting fit_factor to the interior of slurs. (issue4810072)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 12:02:05 -0700

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 11:46:51AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm certainly not against adding comments, but I think that when
> the code does a good job of explaining stuff via variable names,
> comments can clutter what's going on.  For example, dz_unit to
> me sounds like a unit vector (which it is),

To me, dz_unit sounds like the difference in the z_unit vectors.
I mean, "d" is "delta", right?

I personally would have used z_unit_vector unless there was a
clear tradition of using _v for a vector, in which case I'd use
z_unit_v.

... BTW, you *are* using "z" as the "vector going away from the
page", right?  I mean, x_unit would be the unit vector going from
left to right along the page, y_unit would be the unit vector
going from bottom to top along the page, while z_unit is going
away from the page?  (like, to implement "layers" or something
like that?)

If any of the above is incorrect, then maybe consider adding some
comment(s) where you define the variables, to make it clear what
each variable represents?