Re: NR 5.5.4 - Modifying ties and slurs

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: NR 5.5.4 - Modifying ties and slurs
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 23:04:02 +0100

James Lowe wrote Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:24 PM

If I navigate to TieColumn,

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/internals/tiecolumn

there's a list of interfaces at the bottom, one of which is
tie-column-interface. If I follow this link, there's a description of
tie-configuration:

Right. So why do I need to care about TieColumn? Why not just get straight to desert and link to tie-column-interface - it's back-referenced anyway back to TieColumn?

Any override has to be applied to the grob - the TieColumn.
So this should be the primary entity referenced.

There are many properties which are not set by default
in certain grobs and have to be looked up in the
interfaces.  How to do this is clearly explained in
the LM.  See
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/learning/properties-found-in-interfaces
So referencing the grob is correct.

Trevor