Re: Adds a glyph for tied lyrics. (issue4808074)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Adds a glyph for tied lyrics. (issue4808074)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:44:16 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 6:23 AM

No lyric ties either...

So your view is that lyric ties are not used in the real world?

No.  I simply can't discuss how lyric ties should look like since I
haven't seen real-world examples in the scores I've used up to now.
It seems that German engraving for classical music can live without
it.

They're definitely used in English 16C music, although I can't find an example right now.

--
Phil Holmes