Re: topdocs?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: topdocs?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:13:23 -0700

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 04:21:41PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> Hello. I have found
>
>   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/topdocs/
> which are not linked from anywhere AFAIK.  Given that we now have
> different pages for author listings, maybe we could get rid of those.

Aren't those used to create text files for a source tarball
release (for compliance with GNU tarball specifications) ?
Particularly the INSTALL.texi ?

I'm not opposed to getting rid of them, but this involves:
- the build system
- GUB
- external demands/suggestions for packaging

I'm calling this ETA: 10 hours.
Certainly more than 3 hours for me personally to do it.