Re: Fixes heights and pure heights of stems. (issue 4898044)

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Fixes heights and pure heights of stems. (issue 4898044)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:57:43 +0000

overall comment: since you're hijacking the Y-extent property for
storing the logical end of the stem, how will you deal with stem flags
that are oddly shaped?  I think it is legit for a flag to be larger than
the end point of the stem.

consider a hypothetical flag

  /
 |/
x|

(hope you get the idea.)

other than that, there seem to be lots of small errors with dimensions
vs. posititions.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/dot-column.cc
File lily/dot-column.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/dot-column.cc#newcode140
lily/dot-column.cc:140: + stem->extent (stem, Y_AXIS)[get_grob_direction
(stem)];
this looks like a dimension error. what if staffspace != 1.0?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/note-spacing.cc
File lily/note-spacing.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/note-spacing.cc#newcode276
lily/note-spacing.cc:276: stem_posns[d] = stem->pure_height (stem, 0,
INT_MAX);
again, height is in ss, while posns are relative to 0.5*ss

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/diff/8002/lily/stem.cc#newcode160
lily/stem.cc:160: me->set_property ("Y-extent", ly_interval2scm
(height));
why don't you a callback directly on Y-extent?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4898044/