GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GOP-PROP 10: scheme indentation
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:53:13 -0700

There seems to be general happiness with Carl's work; a few minor
tweaks here and there may still be necessary, but hopefully this
discussion will pretty much be rubber-stamping.

http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_10.html

** Proposal summary

Speaking academically, scheme code style is a “solved problem”.
Let’s pick one of the existing solutions, and let a computer deal
with this. Humans should not waste their time, energy, and
creativity manually adding tabs or spaces to source code.

I propose that we adopt:
  http://codereview.appspot.com/4896043/

** Rationale

New contributors sometimes struggle to follow our indentation and
code style – this is especially difficult when parts of our
existing source code doesn’t have a consistent style. This is
problematic... we want new contributors to be struggling with the
lilypond architecture, not playing games in their text editors!

** Proposal details

Use:
  http://codereview.appspot.com/4896043/

Will auto-indent all ‘.scm’ files in the git tree on 2011 Sep 01.

** Implementation notes

The C++ change went quite well, and we have far fewer outstanding
patches for scheme code. No problems anticipated.