Re: Likely a good frog project for someone with C knowledge

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Likely a good frog project for someone with C knowledge
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:19:29 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Bertrand Bordage <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>     > Compile Lilypond with
>>     > -DSCM_DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS=2
>>

>> I don't understand how you're applying this setting.
>> I tried
>> ./configure -DSCM.....
>> and
>> make -DSCM.....
>> without success.
>
> ./configure CXXFLAGS=-DSCM_DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS=2
>
> should likely do the trick.

As an implementation note: most of the conditions checked with ==
against a constant (like SCM_BOOLEAN_T, SCM_EOL, SCM_NULL) can instead
be checked with a macro.  Scheme numbers should never be checked with ==
or eq?, and most predicates scm_something_p have a C equivalent
scm_is_something that can be better used than comparison of
scm_something_p with a Scheme boolean.