Re: Prevents nested tuplets from colliding. (issue 4808082)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Prevents nested tuplets from colliding. (issue 4808082)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:08:56 +0200

On Aug 20, 2011, at 10:30 AM, address@hidden wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/4808082/diff/13002/lily/tuplet-bracket.cc#newcode669
lily/tuplet-bracket.cc:669: // have to re_run numbers to check for
number-on-number collisions
This is getting a bit complicated.  Do you think it's feasible to have a
grob which would collect the colliding brackets and do the collision
avoidance as a separate positioning-done callback?

This would certainly avoid the guestimation of the numbers' positions...
I'll do some digging and get back to you!

So the digging has been done and the results are almost there.  I have a new (broken) patch set up that shows the state of things.
The problem is a circular dependency: in Tuplet_bracket::calc_position_and_height, there is a variable my_offset that tries to look up the Y-offset of the grob.  This triggers positioning-done in the Y-parent, which already needs to know the positions that will eventually be furnished by calc_position_and_height.

If anyone sees an obvious workaround, let me know!  I'll let it simmer for a couple days and see if I can come up with something as well.

Cheers,
MS