Re: developer IRC or skype chat

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: developer IRC or skype chat
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:26:14 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 06:24:37PM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
> > 2011/6/7 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> > > Anybody interested in setting up a weekly chat?  Either IRC or
> > > skype or some other chat protocol.
[...]
> Hmm, no overwhelming interest.
>
> Short-term: let's just make a conscious effort to idle on IRC more
> often.

In my experience, it works the other way round: scheduled meetings help
create the critical mass necessary to make it worthwhile for people to
hang out on IRC... I know of a channel that was pretty active while they
had weekly meetings, and pretty much died once they stopped.

Of course this only works if you actually have an agenda of things to
discuss at the meetings :-)

-antrik-