Stance towards Bison patches?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Stance towards Bison patches?
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 12:13:59 +0200

Hi,

I am currently meddling with the design of a large and quite powerful
parser restructure.  The problem is that it definitely calls for use of
the YYBACKUP macro (I am trying to explore using a different sort of
lexical tie-in, but that seems more complex).

The problem is that YYBACKUP simply is broken (see the TODO in Bison
sources).  It is broken in 2.4.1 (the version I have installed), and
apparently it is still broken in master.

I have submitted a fix to the bison bug list, but obviously even if it
is applied, it will take years to percolate down to general
availability.

Would it be acceptable to let autoconf check for that bug and activate
the fix in the form of a redefinition in parser.yy when needed?