Re: the latest convert-ly fiasco

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: the latest convert-ly fiasco
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:53:20 +0100

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 07:02:48AM -0600, Colin Campbell wrote:
> In the interests of 'get it done and make the paper work agree',
> would you and Graham let me know which issues/patches are going
> through slightly different channels?

To be honest, I have no clue.

> I gather that most or all of this would be Rietveld only, so
> it's essentially invisible to the policy weeny, but if I can
> stay out of the way, I'd be glad to turn the blind eye.

I think the essential bit is the same.
- when it's time for a countdown,
  1. pick a bunch of patches with Patch-review.
  2. announce them
- when the countdown is done, look at any patches with
  Patch-countdown, and then either:
  3. if there are complaints, change it to patch-needs_work
  4. otherwise, change it to patch-push

If a patch jumps from patch-new to fixed, or from patch-review to
fixed, or whatever, that shouldn't change anything as far as
you're concerned.  When making the countdown you only care about
"patch-review" items; when finishing the countdown you only care
about "patch-countdown" items.