Re: *.profile file changes in regression tests?

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: *.profile file changes in regression tests?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:03:08 +0000

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 05:34:01PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
>> I just invented a Javascript hack which I'm sharing in case there
>> isn't a better way; whilst viewing out/test-results/index.html, type
>> this into your Chrome / Firebug console:
>>
>>   trs = $x("//tr"); for (i in trs) { tr = trs[i]; if
>> (tr.innerHTML.indexOf(".profile") != -1) tr.style.display = "none"; }
>>
>> Hides all rows which contain the string ".profile" :-)
>
> neat idea.  I wouldn't object to adding a button to the regtest
> comparison which enabled/disabled the .profile lines.
>
> Longer-term, all the text output should happen on other pages
> anyway, but that'd be a 20-hour (or more!) task.  Adding a "toggle
> .profile" button to the page would only take a few minutes for a
> html/javasacript-aware person.

Thanks for the reply Graham.

I might have time to take a bash at adding Javascript buttons if
someone can give me a crash course in how those HTML files are
constructed (in particular, how I can add stuff to the <head></head>
section).

By the way, sorry I don't have time to figure that out for myself; I
find the documentation hierarchies and countless makefiles bewildering
right now - for instance, why is there both of these?

  build/Documentation/notation/out
  build/Documentation/out/notation

and what is the difference between out/ and out-www/ ?

No doubt some or all of my questions would be answered by section
12.4.1 of the CG, but it seems like that section is not necessarily
complete or reliable, and even if it was, I don't have time to digest
it.