Issues 1503 and 1572 - improved jazz chord support. (issue 5343050)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Issues 1503 and 1572 - improved jazz chord support. (issue 5343050)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:13:46 +0000

I am not in favor of the tab-to-space change in
scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm, since we don't yet have agreement on
removing tabs from .scm files, AFAICS.

However, if nobody else is worried about it, I won't complain.  I'd
prefer to have the tabs gone.  And if we can do it through the backdoor,
I'm OK with it.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely
File Documentation/changes.tely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/Documentation/changes.tely#newcode64
Documentation/changes.tely:64: Support for jazz-like chords has been
improved: Lydian and altered
Perhaps change "chords" to "chord-naming" in this line.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/input/regression/chord-additional-pitch-prefix.ly
File input/regression/chord-additional-pitch-prefix.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/input/regression/chord-additional-pitch-prefix.ly#newcode4
input/regression/chord-additional-pitch-prefix.ly:4:
@code{additionalPitchPrefix}."
We may not want to have the syntax in the texidoc.  We try to avoid
"talking through the code" in the NR; I think it's probably a good idea
to keep the same policy in the regression tests.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm
File scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/diff/1/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm#newcode47
scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm:47: (car ps)
I don't think we should have the tab-to-space conversion in .scm files,
because we don't have an agreement on removing tabs from .scm files,
AFAICS.

I removed this change from your branch when I posted my review set.

If others are happy with it, given the time already spend on getting
this patch approved, I won't object.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5343050/