Re: Fixes footnote automatic numbering. (issue 4877041)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fixes footnote automatic numbering. (issue 4877041)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:05:08 +0000

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 08:57:26AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Of course, it'd be great if during the compilation stage some
> tool could do a scan for all get/set property/object calls in
> LilyPond (in .ly, .scm, and .cc documents) and crash the
> compilation if called properties lack interfaces and/or
> docstrings.  This seems like a separate (and less pressing)
> issue from the memleak, however.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the warnings from gcc and/or
clang and/or valgrind point to such a problem.  Of course,
actually cleaning up all those warnings in all those programs
could take anywhere from 10 to 100 hours -- such a task is likely
to involve a lot of plumbing in the dark and wishfully-forgotten
parts of lilypond (notably stuff in flower/ ).  It would be great
if somebody wanted to undertake such archeology, though.