Re: Segfaults involving fret diagrams

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Segfaults involving fret diagrams
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:15:47 +0100

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>
> There have been a number of crashes involving fret diagrams when used in
> lilypond book and multiple runs, for example
> <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1997>
> and
> <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1900>
>
> With Mike's recent discovery that non-documented property gets/sets can
> lead to memory leaks, I decided to check out the properties in the fret
> diagram markups.
>
> On line 1085 of scm/fret-diagrams.scm, you added a line for the properties
> of a fret-diagram-terse markup; the properties entry is
> (fret-diagram-verbose-markup).
>
> I don't understand how this properly sets the properties for a terse
> diagram, and wonder if this might be responsible for the fret diagrams
> crashes.  Can you shed any light on this behavior?

No.  My change was a purely mechanical one to accommodate new syntax.
Tracking this line leads to another commit of yours where you add a
comment for it.  But the actually responsible commit appears to be

commit 79aa415228f9193801a7d31aa595a0411f19288b
Author: Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Apr 27 18:56:36 2008 +0200

    Markup command documentation: categories and properties

    Add a category argument to define-builtin-markup-command,
    so that markup commands are sorted by categories in the documentation.
    Also add a properties argument, which is used in the markup command
    code to create bindings (extracting the properties from the props
    argument), and in the documentation to list the used properties.