OT: Vocal music (was Re: Better pure heights for slurs (issue 5431065))

From: mike
Subject: OT: Vocal music (was Re: Better pure heights for slurs (issue 5431065))
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:14:32 +0100

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:55:32 +0100 (CET), Werner LEMBERG wrote:

To further improve your skills, I suggest to read Schwitter's
`Ursonate' which starts like this:

  Fümms bö wö tää zää Uu, pögiff, kwii Ee.

You might listen to some excerpts:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X7E2i0KMqM&feature=related

And no, this is not German. :-)

     Werner

That is friggin incredible, Werner.  I've bookmarked it 5 times.
I'm working on a book of madrigals right now and some of it is recorded. The YouTube excerpt has affinities w/ mm. 21-30 of the attached PDF & audio file (it's an excerpt from the 3rd madrigal in the book, called "Lucky Wok (star!)"). I'll make sure to listen to more stuff by this guy!

Cheers,
MS