VirtualBox help

From: address@hidden
Subject: VirtualBox help
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:11:30 +0100

Hey all,

In my GUB installation, my VirtualBox ran out of space and peetered out.
So, I closed my VirtualBox down, resized the hard drive, and tried to boot
again.

However, it cannot restart (some message about GNOME power something something)
and I think it's because the disk space is full.  It's not even recognizing my
root password :-/
Does anyone know how to do delete files on a VBox from the outside so that I
can free up space?  I know this question is more appropriate for a VirtualBox
forum, but I figured that one of you may know...

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, does anyone know how to recover files from
a virtual hard drive?

Cheers,
MS