Re: critical issues

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 01:20:17 +0100

2012/1/4 James <address@hidden>:
> hello,
>
> On 3 Jan 2012, at 22:26, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I might have given you a wrong impression, i don't think its really
>> that bad.  There is some teamwork, but no leader indeed.
>
> to use an English expression ... poppycock!
>
> Janek you may have not noticed that the team of Colin,
> Phil and myself along with some of the bug squad managed,
> with the the help of Graham (if you want to call him a 'leader')
> to process a quite impressive number of patches.
>
> Before we managed to get some kind of automation of
> patch testing I personally was fielding about 6 new patches
> a day, producing reg test diffs, make checks and the like.
> Colin was managing all patch countdown and push requests
> while Phil ran around, figuratively speaking, making sure
> things were in order in terms of regressions between dev releases.
> all co ordinated by graham - pretty much.
>
> in the meantime Mike, Keith, Carl and co had plenty of time
> then to fix some long standing bugs, and I am seeing some
> serious work by David to do whatever it is he does with the parser etc.

Indeed, i didn't appreciate enough your work.  I apologize.
Please do not hesitate to correct me when i say something wrong again.

Nevertheless, while administration is done very efficiently as you've
shown, i'm not aware of any mid- or long-term goals set for Lily
except GLISS.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but my impression is that
there is no particular direction in which we are going.

my apologies again,
Janek