(half-open) slur through repeat end to begin of repeat

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: (half-open) slur through repeat end to begin of repeat
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:24:39 +0100

Does anyone know a good way to typeset a slur that start in a repeat volta and goes on to the beginning of the repeat?
E.g. (full example with some attempts attached)
    b8( c8 |
    \repeat volta 2 {
      d2) r4 |
    } \alternative {
      % TODO: This slur should starts here and ends
      %          at the d2 at the beginning of the repeat
      {g2 b8( c8 d | }
      {g4 r r}
    }

Attached is a scan of what this looks in a commercial edition (Eulenburg), but I am not able to achieve this in lilypond.

It seems that lilypond currently is not able to properly typeset such slurs. There are some workarounds on the web (adding hidden notes):

I have tried this in the attached example, but there are a few problems:
-) The additional (hidden) notes mess up the horizontal
   spacing so that I would be really embarassed to publish such
   scores (such additional horizontal space can confuse even
   professional musicians to a point where they mess up the rhythm,
   in particular at "difficult" points like a repeat).
-) The hidden notes/rests move up the volta bracket due to "collisions".
-) The slur does not look like it is going on, but rather like it is supposed
   to end, but simply missed the end note by a bit. That's ugly. The slur
   should go until the repeat bar.

Does anyone know a proper way to achieve such half-open slurs that go until the repeat bar, without messing up the horizontal spacing?

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886