Re: 2.16 release candidate 3 imminent

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: 2.16 release candidate 3 imminent
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:00:28 +0100

On Jan 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, David Kastrup wrote:

I absolutely agree that everything should be in an articulations list,
but I think this can be done while preserving event chords.  It just
means that EventChords will no longer contain articulation events and
that all articulation events will be pulled out of NoteEvents or
RestEvents and broadcast at the iterator level.

There is such a thing as a chord articulation.

Why couldn't this distinction be captured via a different event name?
ChordArticulationEvent versus ArticulationEvent, for example.

What do you do with <c e g>\p then?

\p is an AbsoluteDynamicEvent and is not treated like articulations.

What would really help are some before/after examples (ly code and/or music streams and/or brief text like "before the patch, you could not do X, after, you can" or "this patch will allow me to experiment with implementing X") would help a great deal.  As if it were going into the Change Log, for example.

Cheers,
MS